Aug 16, 2009
First Speed Scrap
Last night I completed my first speed scrap! It was so much fun, but challenging as well. This is how it works. The scrap lasts 2 hours. In the first hour you get 7 instructions every 10 minutes. Then you have the next hour to finish your layout.
Here were our instructions from Traci at Funky Playground Designs.
1. Open a plain paper! (This was the easiest part of the scrap)
2. Pick a closely cropped photo, about 5x7 inches, place it 2 inches from the bottom and 1 inch from the left of your paper
3. Using 8 pattern papers, cut 8 rectangles and squares and place them down the right side of the plain paper, from top to bottom, just to the right of your photo.
4. Using a brush, stamp a frame behind and around your photo.
5. Grab 7 miscellaneous elements and place them randomly on your rectangle/square setup, place a small title/journal on top of one of those squares about 1 inch from the bottom of your photo.
6. Open a rubon, sticker or brush and place it behind the rectangles/squares about 2 inches from the top of the paper, place it so it can be seen on the sides of the patterned papers.
7. Shadow, tweak, save and upload by 11:45 EST tonight!
The 8 pattern papers threw me off a bit. I have hundreds of different papers. To choose 8 papers that would look good together was a little challenging. Now remember, this was a speed scrap!! The whole time we are searching for items to use and creating our layouts we are also posting in Funky Playground’s forum. So let’s see….Reading posts, posting, giggling at the posts, looking for a photo to use, elements, brushes, and not to mention 8 pattern papers to go together while we are trying to create a layout in 2 hours. HAHAHA Mine took a little longer than the 2 hours. It took me an additional 45 minutes to complete and post my layout in their gallery here. I will defiantly do this again. Now I see why people become speed scrap (SS) addicts. Although I would only be able to do a SS that started after my kids were in bed. A 5 and almost 2 year old interrupting me every 5 minutes while SS?? No way. Jump over to Funky Playground's gallery to checkout the layouts from last night.