Jan 9, 2011

New Year's Resolution To Get Organized

Laura from I'm an Organizing Junkie is an inspiration to me.  If you have never visited her site before then you are missing out.  Go visit her Here.  


She is doing a yearlong challenge to help us get better organized!  Instead of doing a month long challenge, she is breaking it down into 52 week long challenges.  Each Friday she will post a new challenge.  I’m not only looking forward to her posts but also all of the comments from her readers.  


While reading her post from January 6th (here) I followed her link to a previous post she had on brain dumping (here).  Her post on Making Lists and Batching Tasks aka Brain Dumping is a must read!!  I’ve always been one to make list, but lists like this…..

  • Wash laundry
  • Pick up living room
  • Clean kitchen
  • Change linens
  • Vaccum


Laura talks about breaking each task down.  List what needs to be done.  I broke down my “Pick up living room” task.  You can see my PDF for January 9th here.  Why haven’t I thought of this before!!  Seeing all of the little things written down in my notebook makes it feel like it is easier to do.  I can take an easier task and assign it to one of the kids.  My kids don’t do much of anything around the house.  One is 3 and the other will be 7 in May.  I want to start them off slowly so there isn’t too much a fight J  I want to raise them to be good adults not someone that expects someone to do everything for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...