Feb 23, 2011

Anyone you know having a baby?

For Christmas this year I gave sets of greeting cards to use throughout the year.  Here is the baby card I included in the set.



I enjoy making graphics with Photoshop.  Most of the time I take a picture of an object and alter it.  I took a few pictures of my son's pacifiers before throwing them away (since he finally doesn't use them anymore).  


I digitally changed the color of the pacifier from blue to green so this card could be given to anyone expecting a baby, not just for someone expecting a boy.  This is very easy to do.  If you are interested in a tutorial on how to do this, I can put one together :-)  Leave me a request in the comments.


When I see a layout I like I do a sketch of it in my notebook.  I also create a digital sketch as well using Photoshop CS2.  I've included my layout sketch for this baby card.  You can click on the image to open a larger image.  Then just right click on the photo to save it to your computer.  I've also posted the pacifier image as well.  Just click on it to open up a full resolution photo, then save it to your computer.



You have my permission to use this image on a card which you give someone as a gift.  You may not use this image to make money, or as a freebie.  You may post a link back to this post for other people to stop by and collect the freebie for themselves.


I am planning on posting more of my card creations, including the digital stamps so you can make your own cards!!  


 
To make a mat for anything on a card, cut the mat 1/4" larger.  
Example: You want to mat a paper that is cut 2 1/2" wide by 1" high.  Your mat will be 2 3/4" wide by 1 1/4" high.
This will give you a 1/8" mat on each side.  You can see the mat I used under the pacifier in the picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...